Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)
Many schools, including Catholic and independent, accept the SSAT as part of their admissions process. The test is offered at two levels for middle school as follows:
- For students applying to grade 4 and 5: Elementary Level SSAT
- For students applying to grade 6, 7 and 8: Middle Level SSAT
The SSAT consists of scored sections; verbal (synonyms and analogies), reading comprehension, two quantitative components, as well as an essay. The essay section is not graded but is sent to schools along with the scores. Unlike the ISEE, students may take the SSAT as many times as they choose.
SSAT prep classes at St. John’s Prep are designed to improve the students’ confidence and scores by teaching content, strategy and study habits for continued learning. All materials, including practice tests and textbooks are provided. All SSAT classes are taught by faculty trained in both subject and test prep instruction. Courses are offered at convenient schedules designed to end just prior to the actual test date.
SSAT Middle and Lower Level October 29- December 10, 2020
- Diagnostic Pre Test Thursday, October 29 4:00 – 7:30 pm
- Verbal Skills Thursday, November 5 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Quantitative Skills Thursday, November 12 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Reading Comprehension/Essay Thursday, November 19 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Mathematics Thursday, December 3 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Practice Test Thursday December 10 4:00 – 7:30 pm
Location: Brother Keefe C.F.X. Academic Center, Room K203
You May Also Like
Summer HSPT Test Prep
This course offered at St. John’s prepares students for all areas of the exam. Practice tests as well as a carefully designed custom textbook are provided.
Summer 2020 SAT Prep Course
This course will provide students (rising 10-12th grade) planning to take the SAT-1 exam with strategies and practice designed to improve performance on the day of the test.
Fall 2020 HSPT and SSAT Test Prep
For students who plan to take both the HSPT and the SSAT, this course is designed to focus on the content and strategies for both tests.