High intensity, core strength and conditioning program that takes it to the next level by delivering guaranteed results. Open to boys entering any school, grades 9 through 12, this camp challenges student-athletes with a combination of strength exercises, Olympic lifts, and speed training. We also offer a post-high school, co-educational session.
Improve endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy. Workouts are held on the Brother Linus, C.F.X. Athletic Commons and in our new, state-of-the-art Mahoney Wellness Center.
Updated Schedule and Details ** Please note this is subject to change based on state guidelines that have yet to be released
- Space groups apart as much as time will allow (20-30 minutes).
- Ensure proper ventilation in work space at all times.
- Use 60% cleaning solution or greater when disinfecting equipment.
Summer coaching staff: Bill McSheffrey, Ana Tocco, Rocco Jordan, Zach Lankow, Greg Gibbs, Coltan Tagney (Intern), Charlie Giunta (Intern).
The time discussed for ONLY grades 9-12 strength & conditioning groups on campus are 6am-9am. Using a 20 minute gap between each group, with a maximum of 8 high school/graduated students and two coaches in each group (in accordance with state regulations). Group times are as follows: 6am, 6:20am, 6:40am, 7:00am, 7:20am, 7:40am, 8:00am.
When the students arrive at St. John’s campus they will be met by their coach at the entrance to Glatz field/fire lane. Each group will be taken through the same logistical pattern every day:
- Glatz field for warm-up & speed work (20 minutes)
- Fire lane outside of the weight room for plyometrics (20 minutes)
- Top floor of the weight room for resistance training (20 minutes)
- Upper Football/Lacrosse/Soccer practice field for conditioning (10-20 minutes)
Option B (strictly outside weather permitting):
- Glatz field for warm-up & speed work (20 minutes) – Quadrant 1
- Glatz field for plyometrics (20 minutes) – Quadrant 2
- Glatz field for resistance training (20 minutes) – Quadrant 3
- Glatz field for conditioning (10-20 minutes) – Quadrant 4
Option C (strictly inside field house weather permitting):
- Field house for warm-up & speed work (20 minutes) – Quadrant 1
- Field house for plyometrics (20 minutes) – Quadrant 2
- Field house for resistance training (20 minutes) – Quadrant 3
- Field house for conditioning (10-20 minutes) – Quadrant 4
What to Bring
At a Glance
Leo and Joan Mahoney Wellness Center
Various - See Schedule
2020 Program Dates
|June 22 - 26|
|June 29 - July 2|
|July 6 - 10|
|July 13 - 17|
|August 10 – 14|