4-day lacrosse clinic with lead instructor John Pynchon ’01, St. John’s Prep varsity head coach
Open to boys at any school, entering grades 4 to 9.
The clinic is held on the Brother Linus, C.F.X. Athletic Commons, which is the practice field for the St. John’s Prep varsity team, and also the location for the underclassmen home games. The turf field is equipped with multiple lacrosse goals and game balls.
The staff, made up of the most well-respected local high school and college coaches, incorporate drills which they use at their own practices to help prepare players for the next level.
Coach John Pynchon and his staff have 12+ years of experience to provide instruction on fundamental development in the following areas:
This 4 day camp is designed to develop lacrosse fundamentals in a competitive and fun environment. Players of all ability levels will be challenged in a variety of traditional and progressive drills that aim to develop the individual player’s skills and understanding of the game.
We were able to provide a fun, safe experience this past summer 2020 for 30+ lacrosse players. We have continued to develop our program and are ready to hit the pitch again for summer 2021!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- 1:10 ration for coach to athlete
- Technical instruction
- Decision Making Skills
- Player evaluations
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS
- Morning 9am – 12noon – $200 – No transportation or lunch available
- Full Day 9am – 4pm – $350 -Transportation and Lunch available
WHAT TO BRING
- Water bottle
- Notebook, pen/pencil
- Elbow pads
- Shoulder pads
- Practice jersey
|9:00am – 9:25am||Mental Performance Skill Work/Team Building|
|9:30am – 10:00am||Intro to Strength and Conditioning|
|10:10am – 10:30am||Dynamic Warm up, Stretching|
|10:35am – 11:45am||Skills, Team and Competitive Drills|
|12:00pm – 12:30pm||Lunch|
|12:45pm – 1:15pm||Classroom|
|1:30pm – 1:50pm||Dynamic Warm up, Stretching|
|2:00pm – 3:15pm||Skills and Game Play|
|3:30pm – 4:00pm||Cool Down – Pool or Performance|
St. John’s Head Coach John Pynchon ’01
- Coach Pynchon has been coaching lacrosse at the high school and college levels for the past 12 years.
- Pynchon, a 2001 graduate of St. John’s, enjoyed a successful four-year career as a defenseman for Providence College.
- He began his coaching career in 2006 while serving as an assistant coach with the Friars for two years.
- During his time at Providence, the Friars won three conference championships, two regular season championships and participated in the NCAA Tournament in 2004, 2006 and 2007.
- Upon returning to the North Shore, Pynchon coached the Beverly High School lacrosse team for nine years. Under Pynchon’s guidance, the Panthers won seven straight conference championships (2010–2016) and two sectional championships (2014, 2015). In 2017, coach Pynchon returned to his alma mater as the St. John’s Prep head lacrosse coach.
- Pynchon currently serves on the Eastern Mass. Lacrosse Association board and coaches at numerous lacrosse camps through Massachusetts.
- He is a social studies faculty member at St. John’s and enjoys spending his free time reading.
Lacrosse Coach (Boys)
Staff member profile popup
At a Glance
FullFull Day (9am - 4pm) $350 total, Morning (9am - 12noon) $200 total
Full Day 9:00 am - 4:00 pm/Morning 9:00am - 12noon
John Pynchon ‘01, St. John’s Prep varsity head coach
Brother Linus, C.F.X. Athletic Commons
2021 Program Dates
|August 9 to 12, 2021||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|