Four-day lacrosse clinic with lead instructor John Pynchon ’01, St. John’s Prep varsity head coach
Open to boys at any school, entering grades 6 to 10. The clinic is held on the Brother Linus, C.F.X. Athletic Commons, which is the practice field for the St. John’s Prep varsity team, and also the location for the underclassmen home games. The turf field is equipped with multiple lacrosse goals and game balls.
The clinic is designed to develop lacrosse fundamentals in a competitive and fun environment. Players of all ability levels will be challenged in a variety of traditional and progressive drills that aim to develop the individual players skills and understanding of the game. The staff, made up of the most well-respected local high school and college coaches, incorporate drills which they use at their own practices to help prepare players for the next level.
Entering 6th – 10th Grade:
- This upper level programming caters toward athletes who are looking to sharpen their individual skills and knowledge of the game in preparation for their middle school, club, or high school lacrosse seasons. Athletes are pushed further through traditional and progressive drills that aim to develop each players individual and positional skills. Athletes will be trained and instructed by some of the most-respected high school and college coaches in the area.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Notebook, pen/pencil
- Elbow pads
- Shoulder pads
- Practice jersey
St. John’s Head Coach John Pynchon ’01
- Coach Pynchon has been coaching lacrosse at the high school and college levels for the past 12 years.
- Pynchon, a 2001 graduate of St. John’s, enjoyed a successful four-year career as a defenseman for Providence College.
- He began his coaching career in 2006 while serving as an assistant coach with the Friars for two years.
- During his time at Providence, the Friars won three conference championships, two regular season championships and participated in the NCAA Tournament in 2004, 2006 and 2007.
- Upon returning to the North Shore, Pynchon coached the Beverly High School lacrosse team for nine years. Under Pynchon’s guidance, the Panthers won seven straight conference championships (2010–2016) and two sectional championships (2014, 2015). In 2017, coach Pynchon returned to his alma mater as the St. John’s Prep head lacrosse coach.
- Pynchon currently serves on the Eastern Mass. Lacrosse Association board and coaches at numerous lacrosse camps through Massachusetts.
- He is a social studies faculty member at St. John’s and enjoys spending his free time reading.
At a Glance
3:00pm - 6:00pm
John Pynchon ‘01, St. John’s Prep varsity head coach
Brother Linus, C.F.X. Athletic Commons
2020 Program Dates