Discovery Camps are designed to give 1st through 3rd graders a developmentally appropriate introduction to specialty camps. Discovery Tech camps are a wonderful way for campers to investigate the building blocks of coding and robotics, but still get a chance to get outside and enjoy parts of a typical camp day. Campers will spend blocks of the morning and afternoon exploring their tech curriculum in tech classrooms with distancing and advanced air filtering systems. In between tech classes, campers will take swim lessons, free swim, games and picnic lunch outside. Come experience the best of both worlds at camp!
Discovery Tech Week 2, June 28-July 2: Roblox coding
Discovery Tech Week 4, July 12-16: Minecraft 101
Discovery Tech Week 6, July 26-30: Game building 101
Discovery Tech Week 8, August 9-13: Minecraft – The next step!
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- Increasing opportunities for camper choice built into the schedule
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Instructional swim daily
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play
*Campus and program tours will be available in the spring.
Please register online to be notified about tour dates, or to speak with a camp specialist!
This camp must comply with regulations of the MDPH & be licensed
by the LBOH
Sample Daily Schedule
|9-9:15am||Arrival, meet with the group to plan the day|
|10:30am||Activity Period 1|
|11:30am||Activity Period 2|
|1:30pm||Group Activity Outdoors- games, or a lesson based project|
|2:30pm||Free Swim in the Indoor Pool|
|3:30pm||End of the Day meeting for groups and counselors, planning for next day|
2021 Program Dates
|Week 2: June 28 - July 2|
|Week 4: July 12 - 16|
|Week 6: July 26 - 30|
|Week 8: August 9 - 13|