Discovery Camps are designed to give 1st through 3rd graders a developmentally appropriate introduction to specialty camps. Discovery STEAM camps are a wonderful way for campers to investigate science and the arts, but still get a chance to get outside and enjoy parts of a typical camp day. Campers will spend blocks of the morning and afternoon exploring their STEAM curriculum in classrooms with distancing and advanced air filtering systems. In between STEAM exploration, campers will take swim lessons, free swim, games and picnic lunch outside. Come experience the best of both worlds at camp!
Discovery STEAM Week 3, July 6-9: Science academy– let’s design and try out experiments! (*this is a 4 day week)
Discovery STEAM Week 5, July 19-23: Putting the A in STEAM- all things art! We’ll do painting projects and tie dye and more!
Discovery STEAM Week 7, August 2-6: YouTube Science– we’ll identify our favorite youtube science videos, and then replicate the experiments (maybe on a smaller scale) ourselves. Elephant’s toothpaste, anyone?
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- Increasing opportunities for camper choice built into the schedule
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Instructional swim daily
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play
*Campus and program tours will be available in the spring.
Please register online to be notified about tour dates, or to speak with a camp specialist!
This camp must comply with regulations of the MDPH & be licensed
by the LBOH
2021 Program Dates
|Week 3: July 6 - 9*|
|Week 5: July 19 - 23|
|Week 7: August 2 - 6|