Four-day basketball clinic with lead instructor John Dullea, St. John’s Prep varsity head coach
Open to boys at any school, entering grades 6 to 10. The clinic is in the Diane and Ray Carey ’67 Field House in the Prep’s Mahoney Wellness Center. The field house includes two baskets on the main basketball court—Connaughton Court (named for the NBA’s Pat Connaughton ’11)—and eight other baskets on the four auxiliary courts, plus game balls.
The clinic is designed to develop basketball fundamentals in a competitive and fun environment. Players of all ability levels will be challenged in a variety of traditional and progressive drills that aim to develop the individual players skills and understanding of the game. The staff, made up of the most well-respected local high school and college coaches, incorporate drills which they use at their own practices to help prepare players for the next level.
Entering 6th – 9th Grade:
- This upper level programming caters toward athletes who are looking to sharpen their individual skills and knowledge of the game in preparation for their middle school, AAU, or high school seasons in the upcoming months. Athletes will have the opportunity to expand their ability and skills before their basketball tryouts / seasons by receiving coaching from some of the most-respected high school and college coaches in the area.
St. John’s Head Coach John Dullea
- In his sixth season as the Prep’s varsity head coach
- Five seasons as a varsity assistant coach prior to his appointment as head coach
- 2011 State Champion in basketball
- Division 1 North Coach of the Year 2014 by MBCA
- Division 1 North Finalist 2015
- Played basketball at Peabody High School and Notre Dame Prep
- Played collegiate basketball at University of New Hampshire
At a Glance
John Dullea, St. John’s Prep varsity basketball head coach
Diane and Ray Carey ‘67 Field House - Mahoney Wellness Center
2020 Program Dates
|July 27 to July 30|