Dates: Monday through Friday, February 2/17/20 - 2/21/20
Time: 8 am to 2:30 pm
Location: K203 Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center at St. John's Prep, 72 Spring Street, Danvers.
Parent Class: 2/19/20 - 7-9pm K203 Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center at St. John's Prep, 72 Spring Street, Danvers. Make Check payable to Olbash Driving School $20
St. John’s Prep, in partnership with Olbash School of Driving, offers a driver’s education program on campus. The program is open to Prep students as well as girls and boys attending other schools. Classes and road lessons are taught by experienced Olbash professional instructors.
The program provides students with a complete understanding of the Massachusetts rules of the road in preparation for the Massachusetts permit test. Classes, road lessons, and parent classes are all available. Students must be 15 years and 9 months. Olbash works with families to offer road lessons around your schedule. Pick-up and drop-off is typically at St. John’s; depending on location, students may be dropped off at home.
Massachusetts Driver's license requirement for teens under 18
- Each student must complete a 30-hour classroom instruction course.
- One parent must complete a 2-hour class. This class is current for four years. If parents have already taken this course they must provide a certificate of completion from the school where the class was attended.
- Each student must complete 12 hours of on-the-road driving instruction.
- Each student must complete 6 hours of on-the-road observation.
- Students must have a Certificate of Completion of classroom instruction.
What are the costs?
- 30-hour classroom instruction: $250
- Behind the wheel instructions and on the road observations, 18 hours total :$550
- Parent class: $20 payable by check on the day of the class (if parent/s have attended a class in the last four years this requirement is waived)
- Certificate of Completion from the RMV is $25 payable by check upon completion of the classroom instruction