EAGLES/EDGE Pre-Competitive Swim Session 2 is designed for young athletes who enjoy swimming and are interested in turning their passion into a sport! This is a co-ed program designed for intermediate level swimmers ages 7 to 15 All swimmers should sign up for an evaluation with Coach Fiore in advance of registration. Recommendation of most appropriate program will follow the evaluation. Swimmers must be able to pass St. John's Prep's deep-end test—swim a length of the pool (25 yards) without support or stopping, and tread water for two mins.
Breakdown of practices:
- Practices are held on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.
- Swimmers can choose to practice from 5 to 5:30 pm or 5 to 6 pm.
- Swimmers can practice one hour per week for $75.00 per session, or two hours per week for $129.00 per session. Sessions run for eight weeks.
- 5 to 5:30 pm: Introductory freestyle and backstroke
- 5:30 to 6 pm: Introductory breaststroke and butterfly
- If you have questions about the schedule, please contact Coach Fiore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of our program, all swimmers are eligible to join the North Shore Swim Club (NSSC)—the area's largest USA Swimming competitive team. The team meets at the Leo and Joan Mahoney Wellness Center on the campus of St. John's Prep. Our goal is to move swimmers along in as few sessions as possible and get them racing on NSSC once they are ready.