Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)
Many schools, including Catholic and independent, accept the SSAT as part of their admissions process. The test is offered at two levels for middle school as follows:
- For students applying to grade 4 and 5: Elementary Level SSAT
- For students applying to grade 6, 7 and 8: Middle Level SSAT
The SSAT consists of scored sections; verbal (synonyms and analogies), reading comprehension, two quantitative components, as well as an essay. The essay section is not graded but is sent to schools along with the scores. Unlike the ISEE, students may take the SSAT as many times as they choose.
SSAT prep classes at St. John’s Prep are designed to improve the students’ confidence and scores by teaching content, strategy and study habits for continued learning. All materials, including practice tests and textbooks are provided. All SSAT classes are taught by faculty trained in both subject and test prep instruction. Courses are offered at convenient schedules designed to end just prior to the actual test date.
SSAT Middle and Lower Level October 25th - December 7th, 2019
- Sat Oct 26th 930am - 1045am
- Sat Nov 2nd 930am - 1045am
- Sat Nov 16th 930am - 1045am
- Sat Nov 23rd 930am - 1045am
- Sat Dec 7th 930am - 1045am
Location: Brother Keefe C.F.X. Academic Center, Room K223