Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) Prep
The ISEE exam is published and administered by the Education Records Bureau (ERB). Many schools, including Catholic and independent, use the ISEE as part of their admissions process. Students may only take the ISEE one time in a six month period so thorough preparation is critical. Registration is done through the ERB website at www.erblearn.org. The test is offered in a paper form or online at approved testing centers. The specific level of the ISEE can be determined by the student's grade.
For students applying to grade 6: Lower Level ISEE
For students applying to grade 7 and 8: Middle Level ISEE
The format for both levels of the ISEE is the same and consists of four scored sections: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, reading comprehension, and mathematics achievement. There is also an unscored essay.
ISEE Test Prep classes at St. John's Prep are designed to improve the students' confidence and scores by teaching content, strategy and study habits for continued learning. All materials, including practice tests and textbooks are provided. All ISEE classes are taught by faculty trained in both subject and test prep instruction. Courses are offered at convenient schedules and are designed to end just prior to the actual test date.
ISEE Lower Level
November 17 to December 22, 2019
- Recommended for students applying to Grade 6
- Meets Sundays 9am to 11:30am
Dates and Times
- Sunday, November 17 9-11am Diagnostic Pre Test
- Sunday, November 24 11-1pm Quantitative Skills *note the time change
- Sunday, December 1 9-11am Verbal Skills
- Sunday, December 8 9-11am Quantitative Skills
- Sunday, December 15 9-11am Reading Comprehension and Essay
- Sunday, December 22 9-11:30am Post test
- *Make-up date - Sunday, December 29 9-11am
Location: Brother Keefe C.F.X. Academic Center room K204