Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) Prep
The ISEE exam is published and administered by the Education Records Bureau (ERB). Many schools, including Catholic and independent, use the ISEE as part of their admissions process. Students may only take the ISEE one time in a six month period so thorough preparation is critical. Registration is done through the ERB website at www.erblearn.org. The test is offered in a paper form or online at approved testing centers. The specific level of the ISEE can be determined by the student's grade.
For students applying to grade 6: Lower Level ISEE
For students applying to grade 7 and 8: Middle Level ISEE
The format for both levels of the ISEE is the same and consists of four scored sections: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, reading comprehension, and mathematics achievement. There is also an unscored essay.
ISEE Test Prep classes at St. John's Prep are designed to improve the students' confidence and scores by teaching content, strategy and study habits for continued learning. All materials, including practice tests and textbooks, are provided. All ISEE classes are taught by faculty trained in both subject and test prep instruction. Courses are offered at convenient schedules and are designed to end just prior to the actual test date.
ISEE Lower Level
October 6 to November 24, 2019
- Recommended for students applying to Grade 6
- Meets Sundays 11 am to 1 pm, pre- and post-test classes meet from 10 am to 1 pm
Dates and Times
- October 6, 2019, 10 am to 1 pm: Diagnostic Pre Test
- October 20, 2019, 11 am to 1 pm: Quantitative Skills
- October 27, 2019, 11 am to 1 pm: Verbal Skills
- November 3, 11 am to 1 pm: Quantitative Skills
- November 17, 11 am to 1 pm: Reading Comprehension and Essay
- November 24, 10 am to 1 pm: Post test
Location: Brother Keefe C.F.X. Academic Center room K203