Recommended for grade 8 students, the High School Placement Test (HSPT) is preferred by most Catholic high schools. The exam is approximately 22.5 hours long and is typically administered in November and December. Students are tested on verbal skills, reading comprehension, language, mathematics, and quantitative skills. Students may only take the HSPT one time so thorough preparation is critical. The HSPT Prep course offered at St. John's prepares students for all areas of the exam.
Our HSPT Prep classes are taught by teachers who are experts in both content matter and test preparation. Tuition includes a textbook designed specifically for the HSPT and all other required materials. Each class includes two full length practice tests. Each class is scheduled to end just prior to one of the HSPT Administration date.
For questions about HSPT or SSAT, or questions regarding the test prep class schedules please contact Ms. Sandra Martin firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSPT Session 2: September 29 to November 24, 2019
This class is recommended for students taking the HSPT in December. The first and last class will include a full length practice test and meets from 9 am to 12:30 pm. All other classes meet from 9 am to 11 am. Classes meet on Sundays.
- September29, 2019: Diagnostic Pre-Test
- October 6, 2019: Verbal Skills and Vocabulary
- October 20, 2019: Quantitative Skills
- October 27, 2019: Reading Comprehension
- November 3, 2019: Mathematics
- Novemeber 17, 2019: Language Skills
- November 24, 2019: Practice HSPT test
- Make-up date (in the event of a class cancellation) will be offered on Wednesday October 30 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Location: Brother Keefe C.F.X. Academic Center, Room K223