Recommended for grade 8 students, the High School Placement Test (HSPT) is preferred by most Catholic high schools. The exam is approximately 2.5 hours long and is typically administered in November and December. Students are tested on verbal skills, reading comprehension, language, mathematics, and quantitative skills. Students may only take the HSPT one time so thorough preparation is critical. The HSPT Prep course offered at St. John's prepares students for all areas of the exam.
Our HSPT Prep classes are taught by teachers who are experts in both content matter and test preparation. Tuition includes a textbook designed specifically for the HSPT and all other required materials. Each class includes two full length practice tests. Each class is scheduled to end just prior to one of the HSPT Administration date.
For questions about HSPT or SSAT, or questions regarding the test prep class schedules please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HSPT Session 1: September 13 to October 25, 2019
This class is recommended for students taking the HSPT in November or December. The first and last class will include a full length practice test and meets from 4 pm to 7:30 pm. All other classes meet from 4:30pm to 6:30 pm. Classes meet on Fridays with the exception of mathematics which meets on Thursday.
- September 13, 2019: Diagnostic Pre-Test
- September 20, 2019: Verbal Skills and Vocabulary
- September 27, 2019: Quantitative Skills
- October 4, 2019: Reading Comprehension
- October 8, 2019: Mathematics
- October 18, 2019: Language Skills
- October 25, 2019: Practice HSPT test
- Make-up date (in the event of a class cancellation) will be offered on Wednesday October 30 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Location: Brother Keefe C.F.X. Academic Center, Room K223